Need to know something not included here? Please contact us now »
How long can I keep library items?
- Find more specific details for loan periods, limits, renewals, returns, and fees »
How do I log into my library account?
- Yes! Log in from anywhere, anytime to renew items, place holds, download and stream digital items, and more.
- To access your account online:
- Visit oppl.org, then click “My Account” near the top right.
- To log in, enter your library card number (the 14-digit number under the card’s bar code) and your PIN (usually the last four digits of the phone number on your account).
- Put your library card on your smartphone with our custom library app available on iOS and Android.
- Need catalog help? Online help is always available »
- Need account help? Contact us now »
Does the library tell me when to pick up my holds? Return my items?
Can I change the way I am notified?
You say you are fine-free. What does that mean?
- Overdue fines are not charged on items checked out from the Oak Park Public Library »
- Learn more about our loan periods, limits, renewals, returns, and fees »
Can I use a another/non-Oak Park card in Oak Park?
- Use your valid Chicago Public Library card or another Illinois library card here. Registration may be required on your first visit.
Does my Oak Park card expire?
- Most Oak Park library cards never expire. Cards for educators and businesses expire after one year but may be renewed.
- Library cards with printed expiration dates (issued before March 20, 2012) can be renewed at the library with your photo ID and proof of Oak Park address. Find library locations and hours »
What happens if my card is lost or stolen?
- Please report a lost or stolen card so we can mark it as lost, which protects you if it is misused. Replace your Oak Park card for $1. Contact us now »
What if I move out of Oak Park?
- Please let us know so we can update your library account. Contact us now »