Updated Tuesday, February 9: Lynda.com has been upgraded to LinkedIn Learning. Check out the new look and continue learning »
Starting Monday, February 8, Lynda.com will be upgraded and rebranded as LinkedIn Learning. You’ll still have access to all of the quality, expert courses available from Lynda.com, but with a new look that’s easier to use.
Lynda.com has been a part of LinkedIn since 2015, but these new changes for library accounts are intended to improve and streamline the service. Check out LinkedIn Learning FAQs »
What to know about the update
- Coming Monday, February 8, there will be a new link to log in, so you’ll need to update any bookmarks saved on your devices. For the easiest access, bookmark this page now »
- Also on Monday, February 8, the service may be unavailable during the transition.
- Your Oak Park library card and PIN will continue to be all you need to sign in to LinkedIn Learning (no LinkedIn account needed).
- All of your previous Lynda.com courses will still show up in your account.
- Some courses are now offered in 7 different languages (English, French, German, Japanese, Spanish, Mandarin, and Portuguese).
- Coming soon: A mobile app just for library patrons.
Need help? Have questions?
- Watch the LinkedIn Learning tutorial above.
- Check out LinkedIn Learning FAQs »
- Visit oppl.org/contact »
- Call 708.383.8200 and leave a message; we will return your call as soon as possible.
- Use our live chat service. Start a session by clicking the icon in the bottom right corner of oppl.org 10 am-6 pm Mondays-Saturdays.